Friday, August 03, 2007

A Jedi Knight of Old. Part VI

"Wake up time, Miss Solo, we are within three minutes of Yavin 4. If you don't want me blazing in, you should wake up now."

I jerked myself out of my trance. I hadn’t realised I had been there for so long. I stood up and shook my legs which felt slightly numb and walked into the cockpit. “Easy journey then?” I asked.


"Yes. I don't know the security of this new temple, nor how you want to deal with a ship of this size, and weird make coming into range of whatever defences you have, that's up to you, Miss. Solo." She replied.

She had changed in the time I had been in that room. I noticed that she had her sabers and the sniper rifle was strapped to her back. She would certainly make an impression down at the temple..


“There aren’t really any defences. Uncle Luke doesn’t want to seem aggressive. The Jedi have been getting enough bad press as it is. Besides, no one ever really comes to Yavin.”
I reached over and tapped the external comlink.
“Jedi Temple, this is Jaina Solo. Requesting permission to land.”
Zekk answered.
“Sith Spit Jaina! You gave us a fright. We had no idea what was going on. Where’d you get that thing?” he asked.
I sighed, always with the questions, never with the answers.
“It’s not mine. It belongs to an old friend. Now do we have permission to land or what?”
“Huh? Oh, yea. Bay 3 is clear, it should be big enough. Or you can land at the edge of the forest and walk in. It’s up to you.”
I looked a Lebua. “You heard the boy. It’s up to you, Captain.”


"I'm too old to walk. Show me where the bay is," she replied as she pulled down, breaching the planet's atmosphere.


I laughed. “I doubt that very much.” I pointed a little left to where we were flying. “It’s over they’re built into the same cliff that part of the temple is. Here.” Again I reached down and typed in co-ordinates for the cliff. The ship would have to be taken in manually.


We speed off towards the cliffs and Master Sapphire took the ship in beautifully.

"I do not want to immediately meet this girl," I said as she stood up, "I want to meet your Father, and your uncle first."


“I was planning on taking you to Master Skywalker first so that’s not a problem. But Dad… well, he’s back on Coursant.”
We exited her beautiful ship and now it was my turn to show her around. The bay that we had docked in was at the back of the Temple so I assumed that we would have to go to the front to meet Uncle Luke.
The walkway had massive pillars cut out of the cliff on the left with different rooms on the right. The view through the pillars looked out over Yavin’s massive forests and sounds of the outdoors drifted up to where we walked.

I explained a little about the temple as we walked. On our right different doors were open and closed, some contained young padawans being taught in groups, others solitary Jedi meditating or training by themselves.
“We are still relatively few in numbers. There’s only around 100 Jedi at the moment and most are no where near Master level so it makes one on one teaching very difficult. Master Skywalker is trying to change that, be it slowly. He himself leads Anakin and Jacen, while Aunt Mara Jade is my mentor.” I paused at a door that was closed. “This is the mediation room, silence at all times and no lightsabers to be ignited.”

We turned a corner and our path now took us away from the outdoors and into the main building. I paused a few hundred meters in again. “In this room we’ve begun to create a collection of Jedi artefacts and all that we know from before the Empire. Do you want to go in?”


She nodded and I wondered if it was such a good idea.


I opened the door and stepped into the room.
“There’s not much.” I noted. Mostly books, a few sabers and other things. Everything was arranged neatly on shelves and the one thing that stood pride of place was a special lightsaber. Obi Wan’s.



(Lebua's point of view is here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Leuba Sapphire said...

Glad to know you think my ship is Beautiful, someone has to.

1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home