Friday, September 07, 2007

Here we go again...

3-PO came running, well, shuffling really, into my room. “Mistress Jaina, your brother says to come quick.”
I swung my legs off my bed and set the book that I had been reading down (Build Your Own Engine) “Which brother?” I asked.
“Why Jacen of course, as Anakin is not due back until Thursday.”
I’d forgotten, Anakin and Uncle Luke were off on a mission. “Right where is he? 3-PO?”
“Down in the forest clearing.”

When I arrived down there Jacen was sitting crossed-legged holding something small… small and featherly.
“Oh no! Not again. No way!”
“Please Jaina, he needs me!”
I took a step back, “No way! Remember what happened last time? I do and it wasn’t pretty.”
“Please, this won’t be like last time. I promise.”
Pretty please?
I glowered at him, “Get out of my head Solo.”
“I’m sorry. Look how cute he is Jaina. How can you say no?”
I frowned, “Have you forgotten about Scooter? What’s he gonna think about this?” Scooter chose that moment to very unhelpfully poke his head out of Jacen’s top pocket. Jacen beamed, “Scooter loves him!”
I placed my hand on my hip and glared at his pet mouse. “What about it’s family? You can’t steal him, oh brother of mine!”
Jacen frowned, “His mother was…” eaten “So he doesn’t have anyone to look after him. Please Jaina?”
He knew he had me there. Even I couldn’t say no to that. I turned on my heal and shouted over my shoulder, “If anything goes wrong I had nothing to do with this? Okay? Nothing!”
A few hours later I returned carrying a cage that I had made out of scrap metal, complete with a side and top door plus a handle for carrying it. Jacen beamed at me, “Thanks sis!” He opened the top door and gently tipped his new pet in. I watched him pick up the cage and start walking back. It looked like the Solo’s had gained a new family member. A little baby Nuna.

5 Comments:

Blogger Fluke Starbucker said...

MMMMMmmmmMMMM.... baby Numa...

Now I'm hungry again.

11:45 am  
Blogger Black Widow said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

10:53 pm  
Blogger Dark Jedi Kriss said...

MOUSE! *jumps on table*

6:00 pm  
Blogger Barriss Offee said...

You do know that the cage you made will be too small for full grown Nuna, right?

11:22 pm  
Anonymous Ebony said...

Ooooooh, how cute!!!!!!

8:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home